Himalayan Salt Lamp Benefits:
- Provide relief from hay fever, asthma, allergies & sinus related illnesses
- Reduce stress
- Increase mental alertness & concentration
- Enhance immune system
- Purify air
- Reduce EMF (electro-magnetic pollution)
- Create soothing, relaxing, calming and enchanting environment
Salt Crystal lamps are natural negative ions generators. Salt is naturally hygroscopic, which means it naturally attracts moisture. When the salt is slightly heated, it generates negative ions. The more negative ions that are generated, the better the ambient air will be. The size of the natural salt lamp and the conditions of the surrounding area will determine the radiant effect of negative ions.
Himalayan Salt Lamps can be used anywhere, where the air needs to be cleaned. They are most effective in a small personal space setting. The ambient effect of the negative ions is perfect for a personal computer workstation or office desk.
Taking care of your natural salt lamp:
- As salt lamps draw moisture from the atmosphere, lamps should never be sprinkled with water or kept in a moist place. Sometimes, in moist or humid conditions, the surface of the lamp may be slightly damp when touched. Lighting it up for a few hours will dry it very quickly.
- Any crystallisation that has occurred due to the moisture can be wiped with a damp cloth.
- Leave the salt lamp lit as much as possible to maintain the constant negative ionizing process and to repel excess moisture around the area.
- Place the lamp on a waterproof base to avoid damage to furniture.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Wrap the lamp in a plastic bag if you are not going to use it for a longer period of time (such as going away for a few days etc)
- Clean the salt lamp with a damp cloth to remove dust. Once cleaned, dry with a paper towel or turn the lamp on.
- Changing the light bulb:
- Always unplug the lamp before changing the light bulb.
- Make sure the bulb is not hot.
- Gently pull the flex out from base of the lamp until you can grasp the bulb holder and spring clips.
- Squeeze clips and slide bulb holder from the lamp base.
- Screw bulb into holder and squeeze clips to insert the bulb holder into the lamp.
- The holder should be pushed just past the base so it sits within the salt lamp.
- Ensure the cord is trapped under an exit hole and not the lamp base itself.
- Only replace the light bulb with the same type and size as supplied with the lamp.