or 4 payments of $0.75 with Afterpay$3.00Select options
Since Time Immemorial, flowers, leaves, roots and stems were collected and used for scent, wellbeing and healing. Over time, knowledge about the properties of herbs was shared and improved to the understandings we have today.
Herbs were used as incense, poultices, teas, infusions and talismans. They were used to heal the body and soothe the soul and were an integral ingredient in the workings of every healer and wise woman. You can enrich your practice by following simple recipes or creating your own blends. The selection we offer here is a combination of those available in 14th Century Britain and those most commonly used today. Potion Portions allow you to buy every herb you require, as well as the candles, charcoal disks and resins to accompany them. Happy Potioning!
Credit: Most of the information about the magical properties of each herb has been gleaned from Scott Cunninghams’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- These herbs are all dried herbs and are sold for incense or spellwork. They have not been packaged or intended to be used for ingesting as teas or topical application via creams etc.
- If this is your intended purchase, send us a message and we will arrange appropriate supply.
- The descriptions provided include entertaining and historical use, not recommended use.
- Always consult qualified practitioners in herbal medicine.
or 4 payments of $2.50 with Afterpay$10.00Add to cart
A Ceramic Charcoal Burner with an engraved Pentagram design is suitable for Charcoal, Resins, Herbs, Incense Powder, and Incense Cones.
The high content of silica in this ceramic and the burners unique design minimises heat transfer which makes the burner safer to handle. The handles of the burner still get quite warm but not as hot as to burn the skin, and the base did not get hot enough to mark the plastic bag we placed it on while the burner was in use. A vast difference to brass or other ceramic burners. That said, caution should always be exercised when handling a hot burner. Keep away from anything flammable. Charcoal gets extremely hot.
25mm(h) x 80mm(w)
or 4 payments from $1.00 with Afterpay$4.00 – $6.00Select options
A Charcoal roll contains 10 individual tablets, with the tablet diameter 33mm for Swift-Lite.
The charcoal tablet provides a heat source on which to smoulder your herbs and resins for a dramatic and atmospheric incense experience.
How do you use the charcoal tablets?
- Remove a tablet from the sealed roll and, holding with tongs, light the edge of the tablet with a lighter, match or candle. The tablet will then light across its surface. There may be some sparks, this is normal and is required to completely ignite the charcoal.
- Place the lit tablet in a censer or heatproof dish. Lightly sprinkle resins and/or herbs onto the tablet. Do not smother the tablet.
- As the resin smoulders, there will be a lot of smoke. This is normal and part of the purpose of using this method. Ensure adequate ventilation or use outside.
- Use tongs to scrape away the ash and add more resins/herbs. Tablet will continue to burn for about 40 minutes.
- The tablet should be left to burn out and cool in the censer.
- If the tablet is to be extinguished before it is fully cooled then it should be placed in a container of water.
- When the tablet has been lit, do not handle it with bare hands as it will cause burns.
- Do not dispose of the ash remains in a bin as this may cause a fire.
- Do not hold the tablet in your hand when lighting or when burning.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Use stainless steel tongs to safely handle hot charcoal.
- Always use on a heatproof surface. Keep away from flammable materials.
Enjoy your personalised incense!