Yes, we do collect information about you during our store’s checkout process. This policy sets out what we do with that information. If you have any concerns, please contact Jo Durand at admin at avalonbynature dot com dot au.
What we collect and store:
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address, and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can send you the order!
What we use:
- When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your
- billing & shipping address,
- email address,
- phone number,
- payment details,
- optional account information like username and password.
- We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email, and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address, and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them. We will send you an email after your purchase to invite you to leave a review but you will be asked to give your consent at the checkout. Any reviews are optional and gratefully received.
Who we disclose information to:
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you. As of June 2021, we process payments through Paypal, Afterpay, and Etika.
- We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
- We accept payments through Afterpay. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to AfterPay, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
- We accept payments through Etika Australia. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Etika Australia, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Avalon by Nature will not use or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, unless:
- required by law;
- Avalon by Nature believes it necessary to fulfill the above purposes or otherwise to provide you with services or products which you have requested; or
- to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of other users of the website, any member of the public, or of Avalon by Nature.
Avalon by Nature does not disclose your personal information to advertisers. We use the services of one or more trusted service providers located overseas to use and process personal information for the explicit purpose of transaction processing and providing a product or service to you, in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws. In order to operate our website, fulfill the purposes set out above or otherwise deliver products or services, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to other companies or third parties without your consent.
Who on our team has access
Jo Durand, currently the sole Team Member, has access to the information you provide us. For example, as both Administrator and Shop Manager, she can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
She has access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
How you can control the information collected by Avalon by Nature:
These are ways that you can control the information that may be collected and stored about you or your browsing activities.
- Your Account: You can log into your account at any time and edit the information you have entered previously.
- Contact our office: You can contact our office to talk to us about the information we have collected. We will delete information about your account or your entire account, except for the information that is relevant to completing an order, or for legal or government purposes.
- Block or Delete Cookies: You can delete the cookies that our websites and associated services have placed in your browser. You should be aware however that your browsing or shopping experience may be reduced.
- Use Incognito or ‘Safe Browsing’ mode in your browser: These modes allow you to browse the web without recording web pages and files in your browser. All cookies get deleted after you’ve closed all of your incognito windows and tabs and your bookmarks and settings are stored until you delete them.
Changing and updating the information Avalon by Nature has about you:
If at any time you wish to change your personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us and we will amend your personal information accordingly, or advise you how you can do this yourself within your account.
Deleting the information Avalon by Nature has about you or stopping any further communications:
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know by contacting our office, and we will take all reasonable steps to delete such information unless it must be kept for legal reasons. If you do not wish to receive further promotional information from Avalon by Nature, please log into your account and change your electronic newsletter preferences, or by clicking the Unsubscribe link that is on every electronic marketing or promotional email that we send to you.
Storage and security of your personal information:
Avalon by Nature will do everything reasonable and in its’ power to keep secure the personal information which it holds about you. Access to this information is restricted only to Jo Durand. While Avalon by Nature endeavours to safeguard your information using the most stringent, industry-accepted online security and internal processes, Avalon by Nature will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information but will do everything in our power to prevent it as a responsible Australian online retailer.
What to do if you have a problem or question: